Wednesday, August 24, 2011

taking a walk

My oh my how time sure does fly. I'm taking a little walk down memory lane today and pulling out some oldies (as far as pictures go). Yesterday (it seems) my boys looked like this.

Just two little boys.

Then I blinked, and now this is what they looked like this morning before going off to school.

My oldest just started first grade, and the middle baby is now in full day pre-k 3 days a week. Every time I look at the picture above, I almost get a tear. How is it he looks so big standing there with his lunch, all ready to go?? They both had a wonderful first day and had lots to talk about on the way home. I just can't believe how fast they are growing up. It seems I can hardly catch my breath before we're at another big milestone.

I had a wonderful day chatting it up with this little one here. Here she is in one of her new favorite places to play.
We had quite the chat this morning, the way she was babblin' on was so sweet. I think she told me everything shes done in her past 4 months - and then some! It's a blessing to get some time to savor with just her while the big kids are in school.

During nap time I even cleaned house. Grams and Papas are coming this weekend (hi mom and dad if you're reading) and so I'm getting things ready for their visit. Of course I can't wait to see them and the kids are super excited as well. I don't much like doing it, but I LOVE the way my house smells after I mop all the floors.

And to keep with the whole "time flying" bit...10 years ago yesterday the hubs and I took a chance and started dating. Some thought we were crazy, but I'm glad we made that call because it seems to be working out pretty well for us so far! So here's to another great 10 years - and many more after that!

10-ish years ago (I think it may be over that but it's hard to find older pictures on this computer so I'm using what I've got.)

And a somewhat more recent one (last year)

Wow is all I can say about that first picture. It just makes the second one look that much better. With that trip down memory lane I'm off to bed. Night all.

1 comments:

Samantha said...

Time flies much too quickly but memories are a fun thing to savor. The kids are so cute...the boys headed off to mold their minds that precious little girl living up to her job of mommy's little sidekick!

Post a Comment

 
Design by ©Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved