Sunday, August 7, 2011

Angels a-singin'

There are very few things I miss about Connecticut. Basically I can count them on one hand and most of those are just naming friends. But on the top of that list (maybe even above the friends) is the grocery delivery service from stop and shop. BEST.SERVICE.EVER. I kid you not, it was nothing short of fantabulous. Shopping at my computer in my jammies with the kids sleeping. I would schedule early AM deliveries, and my shopping would be done, before 8 without even leaving the house. I was oh so sad to have left that wonderful store behind.

UNTIL...a friend posted the other day that one of our local stores has curbside pick-up, you just have to go pick it up and they bring it out to your car. I was thinking that would be pretty good, then I checked and not only can I do that...BUT some stores DELIVER as well!!! I tell you the heavens opened and a little halleluiah chorus started playing. Okay...maybe not. But it was close - really close. Between that and Trader Joes, I may actually get my kids fed some home cooked (or close enough) meals yet. At least we know the baby is covered...

Yesterday it took not one, but two attempts to get us to the grocery store. The first was a fail and resulted in turning around 1/2 way there to try again later. That sort of sums up how yesterday went...that and this face.

I told him to make his best "angry" face...that's it I guess.

But today was better. The angels from above were still smiling on me. We made it to church, grabbed lunch, and made it to Target AND Home Depot. I got dinner made and all kids were in bed by 8pm. They were even bathed. Oh, and I finally got a picture of all three of my kiddos together, looking at the camera, and smiling - nothing short of a miracle and it only took 4 months...

My heart sings.

I love the way our girl crosses her ankles...she sleeps like that too. LOVE IT. With that I'm off to bed. Oh, and I think we have bats on our front porch?? Not even kidding. Night everyone.

1 comments:

Samantha said...

Oh my goodness, so jealous! I would love a curbside pick up service, delivery would be a dream too! I had no idea about that with SnS when we were in CT. Heck, right now it'd be nice just to have a kitchen to put groceries in!

The little ones are looking mighty fine!

Post a Comment

 
Design by ©Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved