Saturday, September 24, 2011

rained out

Well, I started this post on Friday - so if part of it sounds off, that would be why. I am sorry to report that there are no soccer pictures, not a one. This would be do to the fact that there was no soccer - so (this time) it wasn't me slacking on the job! It rained.all.weekend. No joke. I don't think it ever stopped on Saturday. And, this weekend has been just the same so far. I feel like we might need to locate an ark!

The kids and I still managed to have a good weekend, even with the downpour going on outside. Here are a few shots, just hanging around the house. Ignore the mess, but they were just so cute all playing - little sister was LOVING being included with big brothers.

I tell you what, this week - last week - seemed to drag on. It hasn't been bad, just long. Monday was an absolutely perfect day - which works out well because it happened to be my birthday. The weather was AMAZING - just imagine the perfect fall day and you would be there. I went to lunch with my beautiful daughter and not only was my sandwich free (rewards points put to good use) BUT it was free brownie day to boot for rewards members...talk about a great birthday lunch. Free always makes it taste better I think! Then we went shopping until it was time to pick up the boys. They were super sweet to mama as well and gave me dozens of birthday hugs and kisses. The only thing that would have made it better was if the hubs was here to celebrate with me. But he did have these delivered - such a thoughtful guy.

The rest of the week was been pretty low key. Sadly the fall weather was just a one day deal, the next day was hot and humid again, and the rain is back. But I sure am thankful for that one day.

Last night I got a sitter for the boys and baby G and I went to have a girls night in with some of the wives from the boat. It was my first time really hanging out with them, so it was nice to get to know them a little better. The ones that were there were real sweet gals. I'm glad I went. Oh, and I took these bad boys...WARNING they are dangerous!! Like you can't eat just one (or Linkfive) dangerous. If you check them out, get ready to drool...I'm just saying.

With that I'm off to bed...or at least get myself headed in that direction. Catch ya later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by ©Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved