Monday, October 17, 2011

Lucky 7

As I mentioned in my last post we had a pretty big event not too long ago. My oldest, who I typically refer to as the "big kid" turned SEVEN years old. First off can we stop for a second and absorb that...I.have.a.seven.year.old. What??!?!! It seems to have FLOWN by.

So to my big kid, happy belated buddy. We had a great day, I made his favorite (cinnamon rolls) for breakfast, opened presents, and had a celebration dinner at his favorite place, played games, watched movies - overall it was a great day.



Daddy was out to sea for the big day, so we waited until he got back to do our BIG family fun day - which was a trip to Busch Gardens. Thanks to the military appreciation day, the tickets were "on the house" - BONUS. I love a deal. The kids had a blast and our big kid rode every ride that he was tall enough to get on, which at 52" is a good amount. I took him on his first big roller-coaster ride which was a great moment for me. Growing up my parents always took us to theme parks every year, and I remember going on all the roller-coasters with them. Such great memories still - glad to (hopefully) pass those on to my kiddos.


He's having a party later in the month with some of his friends. We had to make sure the hubs would be around before we planned anything, so for him this is more like a birthday month, but as you imagined he's not complaining.

In his seven years he has already done so much, and I can't believe how grown up he seems these days. So, to my big kid once again...happy big 7 dude!!!

1 comments:

Samantha said...

He's so BIG! He's only a couple inches shorter than Jared and J is tall for his age! What a lucky boy, getting a whole birthday MONTH!

Post a Comment

 
Design by ©Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved