Friday, October 28, 2011

can't.keep.up

Ever feel like life is flying by and you're just trying to hang on for dear life?? That's been the story of my life for the past few months. Confession time. I don't have it all together. Just in case I ever gave off the impression that I did (which is unlikely) I want to be honest. I'm SO not there.

I'm working on it. I finally got my "command center" for the house put together. It's a spot on a wall in our kitchen, that has everything from our family calendar, to meal plans, to artwork displays on it. It turned out really cute by the way - and it's really helped me keep everything organized. I'll try to grab a pic later. Right now I'm just glad to be sittin' down, and catchin' up with you folks.

So what is making these days fly by? Nothing too crazy, just life in general. We are so blessed to have all these wonderful things going on, but wow. I have so many wonderful posts to get up here, so I'm going to start at the beginning as they say and go from there. Don't worry - I'll break it up into different posts. I think if I did it all in one you all would run away crying and never come back!

So, let's get started. Two weeks ago we all participated in our areas local Race for the Cure. I try to do this event every year. Not only is it always fun, but it's a great way to raise some money for a wonderful cause. Thanks to all of you who donated to our goal this year. I'm happy to announce that we met our goal, which is AWESOME!!

The boys and I both raced this year. I did the 5K and the boys did the warrior dashes. Here is the little one all ready to head out to the race! As you can see she's ready to cheer on Mama and Brothers!

Next year they said they want to do the 1 mile, so it looks like I'll be doing the 5K and then a 1 miler with the boys. I think it's great they want to be involved in such a great activity.

Such a good time. AND just as a little note: I beat my best 5K time by 7 seconds!! Whoo Hoo I'll take it! My goal is to one day get my time down under 27 min - I'm so close, but it's going to take some work. Work that right now I'm not very motivated to do. I adore running, but these days it's all about quiet runs with the jogger and my baby girl enjoying the beautiful fall weather...not so much about "speed".

So, I'm going to wrap this one up for now. I know there really wasn't much to this post, but there will be another one in a day or so. I'm going to go write it now, but I'll just keep you in suspense as to when it will be posted. Oh yes, I'm sneaky like that. Hope you have a fabulous weekend, and if you're doing the trick-or-treatin' thing have fun and be safe!!!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

That picture of baby G, oh my goodness could a little girl BE any cuter?!

So glad that you and the boys had a great experience at race for the cure ... and a PR to boot! You'll get it even faster when the timing is right for you to want to push it. Or, when you least expect it! (my 5k PR is on a trail course, at a race I decided the day before to run , go figure)

Can't wait to see pics of your command center! We have been using the hanging home organizer from Thirty One Gifts and it works so well for us!

Melody said...

Okay, I'm really looking forward to seeing the picture of the family command center....LOVE that idea. I think that's what I've got going on hap-hazardly on the fridg but I'd really like to clean it up and make it more centralized. So glad to meet you and look forward to reading more of your blog. I'm intrigued by military families and wives/mammas. I don't know how you do it all. I am gaining more of an appreciation and understanding as I get a slight glimpse into your world by reading your blogs.
Your children are adorable by the way!

Post a Comment

 
Design by ©Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved