Friday, June 24, 2011

home sweet home

All you Navy families are very familiar with the phrase: "Home is where the Navy sends you" and for us that is so true. We have moved - and are setting up another new home. The packout and delivery of goods went well. There were a few minor "issues" but nothing that a quick call to the PPO (personal property office) couldn't clear up in a jiffy. Big shout out to Andy over at the Groton, CT office. If you ever have a problem with a move while you're there...he's your guy. The kids and I packed up and arrived at our new house last week. My parents came for the weekend to help with unpacking, which was a HUGE help to me. There is still a lot of work to be done, but I figure I'll get to it eventually. Maybe some family will make a trip up here to visit and I can put them to work...hint hint hint to all you reading.

Anyway, I was counting the other day - this is the our (hubby and I) 7th home together (it's my 8th but that was because I also had a quarter of school to finish somewhere in there) - and this fall we will have been married 8 years. Wow...when you put it that way - 7 homes - 8 years!! Some people might find this, well, insane. But for a lot of the people I know, this is the norm - it's just "what we do" and I can honestly say, I love it. I enjoy setting up a new place, meeting new people, making new friends, exploring new cities, and just seeing all the hidden treasures the world has to offer. We've only been here a week, but I've already fallen in love with this place. There is so much to do here, the people are SOOOO nice, and they have Chick-fil-a...really I ask you - what's not to love??

I know this post is short, but I'll be back soon with more. For now I should get back to unpacking and hanging with the kiddos. Currently I have one asleep on my chest, one walking around in a jedi halloween costume of the past and another enjoying his 20 min of DS time. I certainly don't have time to be bored. Love it!

PS. will post pictures of the house once I get some of these boxes out of the way!!! I currently live for the recycling truck!!!

1 comments:

Samantha said...

Well a home without a Jedi just isn't a home! ;) Too funny...when we got to Guam it was #7 in 8 years too. Hope you love your adventures in VA and DH life treats your whole family well.

Post a Comment

 
Design by ©Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved