Sunday, July 29, 2012

what the what??

Yes my friends...it's a post.  From me.

I have been terrible at keeping up with this whole blog thing.  Mostly because by the time the kids are in bed, I'm done with a capital D.  Summer has been so fun, but by the end of the day I am ready to call it a night.

We've been quite busy though.  I got to go visit Matt in Cyprus early on in the deployment, which was AMAZING!!!  Then after school let out we took a trip to the beach with Matt's family, then spent some time with my family in GA.  The boys had a few weeks of swimming lessons, summer camps and now we are on our last session of lessons.  We have one more trip planned, and before we know it school will be starting.  My oh my how time sure does fly.

But today is Sunday, and that means I do my best to not do any real "housework" if it can be avoided and just enjoy the day of rest.  With three kids and only one of me, rest is a term I use loosely, but you get the idea.  Today we are "resting" watching the olympics.  In a bit we will get ready for church and then will just have to see what the rest of the day brings.

So, as ever military spouse knows, some things ONLY happen when your significant other leaves.  Dishwashers break, all the lightbulbs start going out, trees fall, and huge rainstorms come leaving you stuck in giant puddles.  Yes folks this is how we spent our night last Saturday.


It.was.crazy.  The good news: it can be fixed.  The bad news: I've been without a car for over a week, and have two weeks to go.  Good news: we have another car that's not being used.  Bad news: it's a Jetta and I have the aforementioned three small children.  It's a tight squeeze.  I feel like I'm driving a clown car.  Especially when we get to our destination and we all fall out of it.  Best news: no one was hurt, we have insurance to cover the costs, and in the end it all makes an entertaining story.  I just feel very thankful that God was watching over us, and that everything worked out the best it could have given the situation.

But that's not all we've been up to.  Here are a few more pictures of the kiddos from over the summer.  





I will TRY to post again before another 3 months goes by, but can make no promises.  Truth is, most the time I don't even know what I would post about.  But every now and again something will hit me.  So until then, stay cool my friends.

1 comments:

Samantha said...

Oh my goodness! So glad you are all ok and seeing the silver lining. You are the epitome of the "roll with it" military wife. So great to see the 4 of you back in July!

Post a Comment

 
Design by ©Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved