Sunday, May 8, 2011

life in mommy-land

You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.
~Franklin P. Jones

I love being a mom - everything about it. OK - that's a lie, I could live without the diapers, but because they come wrapped around the sweetest little babies, I'll include them as well. I think it's the most amazing "job" anyone could ever get. It warms my heart to know that my kisses can heal everything from paper cuts to hurt feelings, that I am the one who knows how to make a pb & j sandwich the "right" way, and when one of them wakes up in the middle of the night and needs something, I'm who they call. It's a 24/7 kind of gig, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love kissing on baby G's sweet chubby cheeks, I love my snuggles from my little middle man, and can't get enough of reading books with my big kid - listening to HIM read to ME! Hubby and I are so blessed.

The joys of mommy-hood are never ending - it's also quite the learning process. There are no classes you can take...you just have to figure it out as you go. If you meet anyone who has it all figured out they either A. don't actually have kids, or B. are in denial. It starts from day #1 (some could argue before that even) and as far as I can tell never ends. In my 6.5 years on the job I've learned many valuable lessons. For instance, never leave the house with a newborn without an extra change of clothes, NO diaper is 100% leak-proof, and ALWAYS have a plan B ready...just in case. Just when you think you've got things covered, a curve ball will come flying.

Today was Mother's Day as I'm sure all of you are aware. It was just me and the kiddos again this year. I say again, because of my 7 official days of celebrating being a mom, the hubby has only been able to be with us for 1 of them. Again...crazy military life coming at you. But all in all it was a great day. The boys were wonderful, well behaved, and gave hugs and kisses galore. They even let me sleep in while the baby was still sleeping and I got to stay in bed until 7 which is a treat for me! We went for walks, played outside, had pizza and now they are both snoozing in my bed and I'm waiting up to give the baby her next meal before I call it a night.

So, to wrap this up...Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms out there. I hope you have had a wonderful day. It's a busy job, and at times not the most glamorous, but one of the most important ones out there. And, if you're not a mom...go find or call yours if you can and tell her THANK YOU for all that she does. :)

1 comments:

Samantha said...

Wonderfully written! Your brood is very blessed to have you! Happy Mother's Day!

Post a Comment

 
Design by ©Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved